Friday, April 2, 2010

Thank God....


So today we went to a friend's house, they have a pool in the back yard and Gwen fell in. Not good right? Thankfully it turned out just fine, we got her out quick and she wasn't hardly fazed by it at all! She truly is our water baby.
Anyway the reason I'm blogging about it is because I was so calm through the whole thing. It was weird. My baby fell in a pool and totally could have drown and I was SO calm! we pulled her out, dried her off and went on with our afternoon, like nothing horrible had just happened. Granted it was a good outcome, but still.
So then, as we were driving home just now it started to sink in and I was astonished at how calm I had been. I can only attribute it to my good and gracious God. He most certainly had his hand on the situation and on me because there is simply no other explanation. I am not entirely sure why he wanted me to be so calm, perhaps freaking out and smothering Gwen would have made it worse for her and instilled an unhealthy fear of water...I don't know. But I'm so thankful she's ok, and that his presence is so real and active in our lives.
There have been many moments in my life where I've felt his presence as he holds my hand through situations, filling me with a calm peace. There have been others when I refused to let him take the reigns and freaked out and I must say I prefer the former. I'm not even entirely sure where I'm going with this or what I'm trying to say...I guess I just want to publicly praise him for keeping her safe and keeping me calm. that's all.

2 comments:

Emma said...

I'm soooo glad he kept her safe too :-) What a scary thing to have happen.

Elisa McLaughlin said...

I am glad she was ok too. You are a great mom.