Monday, April 20, 2009

thoughts on color schemes...

For my first post on my new house blog I thought I'd discuss color schemes. For over a year now I've been in love with shades of coral and pink, like salmon. I have decided that I'm going to do our bedroom in these colors. But work in some more neutral tones as well, creams and whites, tan, taupe... I want the fabrics to be textured, linen, raw silk, soft cottons. A feast for the senses! I want it to be relaxing, calming, and romantic. these ideas are collected on the bottom half of my magazine collage...



The top half is greens white and grays. I have always love green and white together, very fresh and clean. but recently I have fallen in love with gray! pale shades of gray. when I started to add in the gray to my "plans" I got really excited. It's fresh but different too. and I like different.

I'm really hoping that through this blog I can hash out my ideas and gain insight into my own thoughts in order to make our home a true portrait of us, me mainly :) but our family as a whole.

2 comments:

Anna Kristine said...

Yay! A new blog! I'm so excited to follow all your decorating ideas. :) I need some inspiration!

Anna Kristine said...

PS...I love that picture of Gwen in your header. :) She is just too stinkin' cute! :D